The ripening role is responsible for supporting the ripening on daily inventory of all commodities assigned specifically bananas. Responsible for maintaining the proper color chart or ripeness level expectations with very low tolerance for variance. It is a fast paced environment where the volume of inventory requires a high level of tracking and following proper procedures using the warehouse management system to maintain inventory integrity by following best practices.
Ripening Bananas or other commodities according to SOPs
• Assist daily Inventory for all item codes under job responsibility
• Check Banana or other commodity that is ripened upon arrival.
• Conduct quality check, sorting & grading of bananas in warehouse.
• Communicate timely deliveries.
• Help oversee fill rate of all item codes involving ripened commodities.
• Track proper scheduled guidelines in ripening status.
• Banana Room maintenance and sanitation.
• Communicate any changes or errors in ripening process to supervisors.
• Communicate daily banana color itinerary to sales team via email.
• All other duties as assigned by Operations Manager which may entail assisting other departments.