Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage and Los Angeles. The secret to our 35 + years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees!
We are currently looking for Warehouse Order Selector to join our team.
Position Type: Full Time Salary Range: $16-$18 hourly/DOE w comprehensive benefits
Shift: 4p - 12:30am shift may include one weekend day, with days off during the week.
Our Warehouse Operations team is one of the most vital departments in the company. We have a dedicated team of receivers who receive up to 200 loads per week in our Seattle location. Our picking crew uses state-of-the art voice pick equipment and they pick several thousand pieces per week. Due to our unique customer service model, we can guarantee next day delivery to our customers which keeps our warehouse operations team very busy 24 hours per day!
Essential functions include:
• Ability to work in a refrigerated environment (36-degrees)
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs frequently
• Physical capacities to utilize moving motorized equipment (electric pallet jack, sit down forklift, stand-up forklift) in a fast paced environment.
• Basic arithmetic skills (addition/subtraction)
• Ability to read, write and speak English Fluently
• Auditory ability to take orders via a headset.
• Flexibility to work O.T. as needed
• Ability to take and pass a pre-employment drug test
• At least 3-6 months of warehouse or wholesale picking experience
• Previous electric pallet jack experience a plus
• Previous forklift experience a plus
• Reliable Transportation