Charlie’s Produce is the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees!
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Summary: Operations personnel provides support to the Warehouse and Production departments by performing basic office functions such as answering phones and entering date into the computer system using spreadsheets and data base software to maintain records. Compile poundage reports, report in stock and label changes and create and edit labels. Emphasis is placed on clear communications with a diverse work force.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and be able to work overtime and holidays as needed
• Print and maintain customer orders
• Create warehouse/production labels as needed
• Stock Adjustments/Distress Forms; alert appropriate personnel
• Enter/complete required paperwork for inter-company transfers
• Enter received product quantities into company's front-end systems
• Participate in special projects necessary for the departments and or company
• Respond to inquiries and refer to proper manager
• Responsible for Quality and Food Safety
• May provide back up in other areas of the operations and or administrative departments
• Maintain regular communications with all necessary departments to insure operations are functioning satisfactorily
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
• Ten Key by touch / 5,000 key strokes per hour
• Intermediate knowledge of word processing and excel
• Proven problem-solving skills able to deal with a variety of details simultaneously
• Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently
• Professional phone manner
• Proven interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on attention to detail
• Must be skilled in time management and be capable of meeting deadlines with accuracy.