Charlie's Produce is one of the largest employee owned produce wholesalers on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Los Angeles and Boise. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We offer excellent pay and benefits! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees!
• Medical Plans with UHC and HSA/FSA available
• Vision with hardware replacement yearly!
• ESOP-Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• Holiday Pay
• College Tuition for all employees and their dependents
• On the job training
• Year round full time employment
• Employee appreciation events
1.Enforcing food safety and security procedures for our facility through programs such as HACCP and GMP's.
2.Monitoring, documenting and reporting on finished product specifications to measure compliance with company standards.
3.Performing quality checks of raw, work in process, and finished product through inspections
4.Performing analysis of finished product as required. Analysis includes visual, weight, size, mix, color, etc.
5.Conduct self-inspections of facilities
6.Report the finding of food quality audits and analyze issues and implement solutions to QC Supervisor.
7.Work with all departments to prepare for external audits.
1. Strong skills in data collection and organization are required.
2. Ability to work weekends and holidays
3. The ideal candidate will also have a general understanding of food safety
4. Ensure that established process control procedures are followed throughout the plant.
5. Maintain plant compliance to the HACCP and quality systems programs.
6. Maintain daily product evaluation programs (scoring, key quality indicators, shelf life).
7. Communicate and cooperate with the USDA and FDA inspectors as needed
8. Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English fluently
9. Knowledge of HACCP and GMP's preferred
10. Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment 34-37 degrees up to 75% of the time.
11. Ability to work with diverse groups of people
12. Excellent organizational skills.