Charlie’s Produce is the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees!
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Charlie's Produce is looking for a Night Shift Order Selector that is a team player to provide the best customer service to our customers. This position is full-time, 35-40 hours per week.
We offer competitive wages and benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401(k), employee profit sharing program, short term disability and life insurance to full time employees.
TITLE: Night Order Selector
SUPERVISED BY: Warehouse Night Supervisor
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
SCHEDULE: 6PM to 230AM/ nights may vary-must be able to work Sundays
LOCATION: Anchorage, Alaska
Picks orders according to pick ticket with particular attention being given to speed, quality and safety.
Pull orders, stage and build pallets, shrink wrap and load onto the trucks for delivery. Must have sensory capabilities to avoid accidents as warehouse environment involves fast moving forklifts and power jack equipment.
High school education or 6 months or more of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and extreme cold (non-weather).
2. Frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather).
3. Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
4. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
5. Regularly lift and/or moves up to 25 pounds; frequently lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds; occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 75 pounds.
6. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
7. Regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
8. Regularly required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
9. Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
10. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
11. Ability to read/write/record data and perform simple mathematical calculations.
12. Must follow instructions, respond to management direction.
13. Reliable; consistently at work and on time.
14. Observes and follows proper safety procedures; willingness to report potentially unsafe conditions.
1. Pick orders within acceptable guidelines for errors
2. Place orders on pallets with special consideration given to maximizing product care, taking into account wet vs. dry goods and proper stacking to ensure safe transport and delivery to customer.
3. Load trucks as determined by delivery schedule
4. Pick short sheets
5. Complete necessary paperwork by recording amounts of items picked
6. Maintain warehouse and equipment in clean and orderly condition
7. Other duties as assigned