Charlie’s Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 + years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees!
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This is a positing for our location in Fairbanks, Alaska.
1. Timely and accurate completion of paperwork
2. Good customer service skills
3. Practice safe driving techniques
4. Deliver produce by deadline
5. Keep vehicles up to company standards
6. Occasional Warehouse duties
7. Responsible for Quality and Food Safety.
8. Other duties as assigned
Drives company truck to deliver produce to customers on an assigned route. Assist warehouse in storing incoming produce, returning produce to coolers, fuels trucks and trailer refrigeration unit, occasionally pick produce orders, hook and unhook truck from trailer, inspect equipment, load, unload trailer, and breakdown pallets of produce. Fill out and complete required paperwork in a timely manner.
High School Diploma or GED, speak and read the English language, bi-lingual preferred; At least one (1) year experience in driving route deliveries in a box truck or tractor trailer.
1. Must have a valid Alaskan License, non commercia, Class A or Class B.
2. Provide at least a five (5) year Driving Record from an Alaskan DMV
3. Valid Medical Card and endorsements
4. Pass pre-employment drug test, background, and reference check
5. Able to lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs repeatedly
6. Ability to work in a refrigerated environment
7. Work an electric/manual pallet jack